Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Mt. Whitney

So, I got a hint from a friend that I needed more pictures on blog. Hence, a picture accompanies this blog. And it would probably help if I wrote in the blog more than once a month. No promises, but I'll try. So, what is new. Well, I hiked to the top of the highest mountain in the 48 contiguous states, Mt. Whitney, CA. Matt Chase, if you read this, have you made it up any 14ers. The altitude really got to me. I'm still down for doing some hikes together. Also, while I was over there, I climbed Boundary Peak, NV, the highest peak in that state. Total trip statistics. 3 days, over 32 miles hiked with about 10,000 feet elevation gain. Exciting, but exhausting. Anyways, that brings the state highpointing count to 5 out of 50 (10% complete). Okay, that is enough for now, but I'm sure to have some wifey and Zoe highlights to come.

3 comments:

The Nolls said...

nice B. when are you doing mt. mckinley? and nice win by your skins last week.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! I like the site. Great pictures!!!

carlymay said...

brian,
cool blog. no can't say that i have hiked any 14ers...i just want to know how you got an awesome opportunity to hike and play out west...when you're supposed to be at seminary..you make me sick! i'm still looking forward to taking the wives to do that AT together in the future...gotta get in shape in the meantime...God bless you brotha. -matt chase