Thursday, February 15, 2007

Eric, Bonker, and Josh might find this interesting...I met up with one of Jack Miller's converts a few weeks ago. Bob Heppe is a missionary with our church (University Presbyterian) here in Florida. He works over in London with World Harvest and had come back on a furlough. Our church's mission committee took him out to eat, so I got to listen to him tell a good number of stories. It was reminiscent of Sonship (or is it Billship) hearing him talk. What was also interesting is that as he told of his conversion experience, it reminded me of a story I had read from Jack Miller's book a Faith Worth Sharing and sure enough he confirmed that he was the kid in an asphalt parking lot where Jack Miller came to share the gospel among a bunch of hooligans. He eventually was brought into the kingdom of God and then went on to marry Jack's daughter. Crazy.

On another note, Krisha and I had a fun and rather unique Valentine's Day. We went over to the local community center where I had recently discovered they had a rock wall. I don't know why we did this, but we decided to eat some Mexican food before climbing. I think it weighed me down, but I did manage to get to the top a few times. We had a lot of fun, but I realized that I need to lose some weight.

As the Westminster Larger Catechism Q136 says:
What are the sins forbidden in the sixth commandment?
Answer: The sins forbidden in the sixth commandment are, all taking away the life of ourselves,[1] or of others,[2] except in case of public justice,[3] lawful war,[4] or necessary defense;[5] the neglecting or withdrawing the lawful and necessary means of preservation of life;[6] sinful anger,[7] hatred,[8] envy,[9] desire of revenge;[10] all excessive passions,[11] distracting cares;[12] immoderate use of meat, drink,[13] labor,[14] and recreations;[15] provoking words,[16] oppression,[17] quarreling,[18] striking, wounding,[19] and: Whatsoever else tends to the destruction of the life of any.[20]

No comments: