Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ron Paul !?!

Hey friends...I thought I would throw up a political post. I've been watching some of the debates and haven't been satisfied with most of the candidates, even in the Republican Party.

However, some friends at RTS told me about Ron Paul. He is not getting a lot of mainstream media coverage, but his popularity on the internet is huge. Krisha and I have also seen home-made signs and even people out on the streets of Orlando campaigning for him. We were like "Who is this guy?" I haven't seen any signs for other candidates yet.

Then I took a little time to hear what he had to say. I'm pretty impressed. Anyways, watch this video if you are interested in learning about his positions. It is not a waste of time, I guarantee. I'd be interested to hear what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Ron Paul an isolationist?

Brian said...

Not sure who wrote this since you failed to leave your name. But, the answer is no.

I can't believe how many people have charged Ron Paul with this moniker since I've been talking about him. It would be like calling George Bush an aggressive crusader, which let me make clear, I don't believe.

Ron Paul is a non-interventionist. He doesn't want to isolate himself from other countries, but rather trade and talk with them. He would only go to war if America was attacked by another country according to just war theory principle.

One thought: War is absolutely horrible and to be avoided at all costs. I need to remind myself of that because I forget.

Anonymous said...

It was me.

Erik

Brian said...

I was thinking it might be you. Erik, you are a rascal, but are slowly, but surely going to change your vote for Ron Paul. Be forewarned. :) Have a great Christmas!!!