Sunday, July 13, 2008

The New Do


Life as a new mom is both exciting and tough. (yes, Krisha writing). I think my desire for security is more than ever now that I have a little one to look after; ironically, our life is less organized, less ideal and more unpredictable than ever! With all of the change of adapting to parenthood, not going out much (mostly b/c of the one car situation, not to mention the gas prices), the thought that we don't know where we'll live (which oddly enough has been an ongoing thought for 5ish months now), and the idea that we will need to start over in another location with another church and another job is overwhelming and a change that I have absolutely no control over.

So I think I understand why women get haircuts so often. Why not change what you can amidst the absurdities of life.. right? worse comes to worse, you either look like you are from the wrong decade (which might I add that curlier hair exposes you me to a slight disadvantage of looking 80's if anything goes haywire) or it'll grow back. So here's me.. controlling what I can in my current status of mommyhood. Chase doesn't tug on it during nursing as much so I thought that taking the risk to go short was worth it!

4 comments:

The Sinks said...

Krisha, you look beautiful, as always! I love you!

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

Awwww Krisha, I am sending you a big e-hug right now and saying lots of prayers for you guys! I wish I were there to give you a real hug! Much much love, (and the hair looks great!)

Tabitha said...

Krisha, i love the new cut! So pretty! Praying for you still in all the uncertainties that you will hold fast to the Rock. Love you lots!

Naomi said...

I love your new do (du? doo? doooooo? due?)!!! It is so cute. And I am so happy to hear that you guys are moving to Roanoke. We are so excited to have you closer. Madeline needs her friend, Chase, back. And we need our friends back :)