Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This time last year...

This time last year, Brian and I went to the hospital excited to bring home a baby boy, ecstatic about meeting him for the first time, nervous about the delivery, but sincerely overjoyed that we were venturing into a new dimension of what it means to be a family.

We welcomed Chase Alexander Whited into this world at 3:28pm on Tuesday, April 1st. He came earlier than expected and fooled us all by arriving at 37 wks 2 days. We immediately fell in love with the sweet lil guy. I remember holding him briefly while I was coming out of the anesthesia and Brian being overjoyed to tears! I was a little loopy due to the meds, but I do remember Brian bringing me a snapshot of our new son and I treasure that picture probably more than anything material item in our household. I placed it on the inside of my journal which marked my new life as a parent. I left some pages blank for Brian to write me a note and I still cling to his words of encouragement on the toughest days. I have the most endearing husband who loves me so much!

Chase- we have loved every moment God has given us with you! You are such a sweet, smiley, cuddly kid- for sure the cuddliest kid we've ever met! You have hilarious expressions and love to use your eyebrows to communicate! We are so blessed to have you in our life!

Chase's first hour of life outside the womb!

Day one

1 week

2 weeks

3 weeks

1 month

almost 2 months


3-4 months

5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months

11 months

The last day before our baby turns one!!!


3 comments:

Karen said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Baby Chase! What a wonderful blessing you are!

God is so good!

Love and prayers,
Karen, Brian, and Sierra :)

Amy said...

I can't believe he's already 1! Wow! He's still freakin' cute, though! =) Happy birthday Chase!!

Naomi said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I wish we could celebrate with you today. Madeline says, "Happy Happy". That is about as far as we can get for right now :)