Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Chase update- 20 months

So Chase is actually 20 months today. He's pretty entertaining these days. He's into all things BOY-cars, fire engines, mechanical things, lights, shadows, fans, knocking down towers, making lots of noise, constant movement. He is constantly oohing and awwing lights, or sirens or the revving of engines that we pass while we are driving. He loves to brush his teeth. He enjoys bath time and pouring water into his cups. He thinks bodily noises are hysterical. And I don't just mean passing gas. I'm in the phase where I'm often over a toilet (being that I have all-day sickness) and he thinks that those noises are so funny that he runs out of the bathroom imitating my heaving. Kinda twisted funny, I know. He has enjoyed hanging out with his cousin and loves batting at his feet through the mesh of the pack n' play as Asher is in the bassinet. He is obsessed with his Papi and cries whenever Papi has to put him down to go. He seems to do really well with other kids at the church nursery and at the gym. He often wants to eat what I'm eating like the smoothie (in the pix below) which ended up getting all over his face, nose, etc. We can tell he's understanding more. When we ask him to do certain things or bring us certain things, he can do it. He just doesn't verbalize it. He digs his little people animals that go in the ark. He likes sitting in my lap for story time and has done a great job "sharing" my lap so that Asher can sit there too. He's fitting into 18 month clothes but the only thing that seems to be growing beyond his age are his feet. Both B & I have big feet so I'm guessing Chase might too. His hair continues to get lighter and lighter and I seriously have to cut it every 2 weeks! It grows so fast!












This picture verifies what I said about him when he was really young (under 6 months): that if Chase was a body part, he'd be eyebrows. :)

He's definitely full of life and energy. And his expressiveness is unlimited.

2 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

For some reason, I have missed your blog updates lately. I love all the fall pics. They are great. I love these pics of Chase too. What a cutie:) It was great to see you all on Sat. Sure hope you are feeling better!

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

I love the pics!! Every time I see pics of Chase or talk to you for updates, I'm SO bummed that he and Caedmon can't play together all the time! They'd have a blast...and of course I wouldn't mind seeing you more often either!