Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Must write down before time flies and I forget:

S: I want boooooooblies.
Me: You want what?
S: Booblies. Yeah. Yeah. I want some.
Me: (Thinking it is way too early for her to be saying what I think she is and reminding myself that I stopped nursing at 12 months so this can't be my fault.)
Me: Can you point to them?
S: (points to fridge)
Me: (confused but opening the fridge)
S: BOOOOBLIES! (points to BLUEBERRIES)
Me: OOHHHHH! You want BLUEberries.
S: Yeah-Yeah-Yeah!
Me: (relieved)

C: Is this that thing you use for the oven? (a.k.a. an oven mitt)
Me: No, sweetie, that's a puppet.

S: I do it-I do it-I do it! (Getting into carseat by herself)
Me: Ok, you do it.
S: (plays with buckle trying to snap it before she's in the seat)
Me: Sophie, mommy is going to put you in your seat if you are going to play instead of get in your seat.
S: No! I do it.
S: (Discovers she can't get herself untangled) Help it!

C: Mom, I built a cool train track. You have to come here, close your eyes, say 'surprise' and then give me a high five while I jump up and down.

S: I want HOLD you. (all the time!)

C: Hey is that chocolate milk?
Me: Yes, that's chocolate milk.
C: Can I have some.
Me: No, that one is daddy's.
C: Oh, so like he gets to drink that one if he makes it through the night without peeing in his underwear?
Me: Something like that. Yeah.

I've got to get Sophie singing on video. She has the cutest little voice and sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," "Bah Bah Black Sheep," "Jesus Loves Me," "Mary Had a Little Lamb," and the "ABC song ." If I could bottle up her voice and keep it forever, I would!

Some funny photos of them being silly:

Sophie the cowgirl at Papi & Grammy's
Papi giving Chase a lamp hat

No comments: