Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sophia's Big Girl Room

 I write with much excitement and some sadness that after 5 years, there is no more crib! Sophia is now in her big girl bed (I know, a little late since she is a mature 3). But can you blame me? She was perfectly content in it and it allowed me to sleep longer and keep office stuff in her room without her pressing all the buttons on our printer! I searched and searched and used some birthday money to buy her one that has a trundle with an extra twin bed underneath. We are always needing creative ways to host more people and this way she has an extra bed to offer but without taking up the space of a full bed. And I even found one in espresso to match her furniture from before. Brian assembled. It was quite an arduous task. We also had an extra body pillow which I found an adorable cover for that happened to match an accent color of her comforter.
 So we have the same color scheme b/c I wanted to keep her adorable birdy valance and fabric-covered canvases but added some owls in there 
(Can you tell decorating this room brings me so much joy?)
 Owl trash can
 Wooden hand-carved owl from India
 Changing table turned dresser
 reading chair near the window (still need to tackle organizing the shelf)
 Owl comforter/sheet/sham set I was so excited to find for cheap at TJMaxx. We also have some adorable owl sheets my friend Liz sent us that I can put on the trundle mattress once we buy one!
 Owl boxes I searched and searched for and finally found in almost identical colors to her bedding!
 Big girl dresser


Such a big girl and yet I still see her as so "baby" as she sucks her fingers and twirls her hair
 G'night my little Sophie-owl!! I am sure I will see you early next morning as there is no crib to prevent you from climbing out of your bed anymore!

No comments: