Sunday, June 24, 2007

Best Friends come to Orlando

Krisha and I have been very blessed the past two weeks with some of our best friends visiting Orlando. Two weeks ago, my wife surprised me by having my best friends Jon Bonker and Eric Noll show up in Orlando. We had a great time doing guy things. Jon came first. We canoed Long Lake by RTS, something I had been meaning to do for awhile. Then Eric shows up, feeling competitive. Eric and Jon challenged me to some rounds of disc golf. I won't tell you how many handicaps I had to give them and still managed to beat them in the first game at least. The second one we tied. After disc golf, they challenged me to a mental game of skill, Hearts. It felt so good to drop the Queen of Spades to Bonker. This game was close, but I again squeaked out the victory. These victories were much needed because I had recently been in a game losing streak. Overall, it really was a great time among best friends. Props to my wonderful wife for a great birthday present!!!

Then, this past weekend, Krisha's friend Heidi came. We had a great time. On Saturday, we went to Deleon Springs. Unfortunately, we arrived after the Make-your-own-Pancake restaurant closed. But, we still had fun swimming, throwing the frisbee, and catching up.

Ohh, and Krisha pushed me into the water, can you believe it?



Unbelievable!!! :)

No comments: