Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Love Your Neighbor, Warts and All!

So, Krisha and I have a new neighbor, but it is probably not what you think. I went out the other day to water the plants on our balcony. As I was watering the avocado plant, which I grew from a seed (By the way, I have found growing an avocado tree from a seed quite rewarding. I think it would be neat to grow plants from seeds with children to teach them how God makes things grow.), I came across a startling discovery.

There was a rather large, grayish white frog sitting in a pot partially filled with water. After the initial shock of seeing this unexpected visitor, I was glad he had come to visit. I figured that he might eat some of the bad insects that are known to frequent our porch. And it was also reminder of a young childhood memory I had. There used to be a toad that lived in the missing brick of a patio my parent's had. Unfortunately, he was gone the next time I went out to look for him. But he has come back for one night since then and I hope that he will visit again sometime soon.

No comments: