Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Rocket, Rocket Shooting to the Moon"


Where were you this morning at 2:28am? I was up past my bed time watching the Space Shuttle Endeavour lift off into space. This was my first night launch and my first launch where I was on NASA property, a mere 3 miles away, thanks to my friend Erik getting us onto the property. (Usually, general public has to watch from 10 miles away.)

It was really quite amazing. The whole sky lit up so much that it was like an overcast day. You can watch a video I took of the launch below. And if you have a good bass system, turn it up and get rocked. By the way, does anyone know the reference of the title post? It comes from one of Krisha and my favorite CDs, "Slugs, Bug, and Lullabies." Especially great if you have a little tike (which is probably about 75% of my readership.)


or Click Here

3 comments:

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

That was awesome!!

The Sinks said...

So cool!!!

Unknown said...

Your friend Erik Rocks!