Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In need of a facelift

So, as you might have noticed, our blog has had a bit of a facelift. I (Krisha) convinced Brian that since he rarely posts now, I needed a change: the whole black background didn't quite inspire me to write. As I was browsing through backgrounds, I realized I had to determine what image would best capture our family. I placed one of my favorite pictures of Brian and me at the top. Hopefully it won't be too girly for hubby. But if it disappears tomorrow, than you'll know I got vetoed. :) Let me know what you think.

I liked the idea of the tree and the bird because there are a lot of Biblical analogies to trees being firmly planted and abiding in the true vine. The picture atop reminds me that He is the vine and we are the branches. I also changed the verse at the bottom to reflect more of what kurios caching is about: kurios- Greek for "Lord" and caching- finding hidden treasures. If you think about geocaching (which is where Brian got the idea), you are searching for, hunting down, "CHASING" after treasures that you find hidden in nature.

Here's a pix of Brian and Chase on our hike at Roaring Run.

This blog is a reflection of our hearts and a reminder to us (and hopefully others reading) that the Lord is our treasure. "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." (Proverbs 4:23) Alas, I ended our blog with a GIANT (yeah couldn't figure out how to make it smaller) picture of Zoe, our beloved English bully. Zoe comes from the Greek word for "life".

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Love the new look!

JRob said...

I love you... I love the new look... and i love the picture of you two! You both looks so happy and in love! :)

I love you! I deeply mean that!