Thursday, October 22, 2009

My 18 month old!

Chase is 18 months old!!! This post is a little late as you'd think it would be easier to remember Chase's age since he was born on the first of the month. But no. Somehow I barely keep up with the month changing and seem to forget that my baby is now a month older.

He loves standing on the couch!

Being silly!

Sitting on daddy's lap

Reading a book.... only it's upside down.

I can hardly believe that my little Chase Alexander is 1 and 1/2 years old!!! He is definitely a little ham that knows how to make us laugh and be silly. He's always full of silly expressions, winks, eyebrow raises and big teethy smiles.




Chase has come a long way! This little guy went from being a picky eater (refusing most solids) to now enjoying many adult foods. He went from being under 50th percentile in weight to being 26 lbs which is now a little above average I think. He used to be terrified every time I cut his nails and he didn't enjoy bathtime and now he doesn't mind nailcutting and LOVES bath time. He can use a fork (with a little bit of help stabbing the food) and even enjoys drinking out of a regular cup right after we brush his teeth. He is doing better at handholding when we walk and usually follows directions. Just the other day I asked him to bring me the "Brown Bear" book and he looked through his mountain of books and brought me the right one! He babbles tons but has started to pick up more signs like: please & thank you (along with his already mastered "all done," "more" and his crossed hand for when we bless the food). He has been able to pick up more body parts as well and point to them when I ask (assuming he's not distracted with something else).

His latest obsession is spinning in circles. But not just spinning... he looks to the bottom left with both of his eyes which he figured out makes him more dizzy which = more fun!! By the video you'd think we gave him sugar right before bed!


No comments: