Sunday, April 01, 2012

Too Funny, Hubby

So it goes something like this:

B: "Hey wifey. So I was driving out to see one of my patients and guess what I saw."
K: "What?"
B: "A truck. That looks like someone."
K: "Who?"
B: TOW MATER! (in the most southern accent I have EVER heard Brian use)
K: HA! Did you just say TOW..(long pause)... MATER?
B: "Yeah. What was I supposed to say? I even had to make a u-turn once I passed it to get the photo!"




Later....On Chase's birthday:
B: Chase, I have something for you.
C: What is is?
B: It's a picture.
C: Who is it?
B: You tell me, Chase. Who does the truck look like?
C: I don't know.
B: That's TOW MATER!!! (all excited)
C: No it's not.
B: Yes it is! Look. He's got the teeth and everything.
C: Where's his hook?
(Smart kid. And here we were thinking the buck-teeth made Mater Mater. Guess Chase knew that the hook makes him TOW.... MATER)

So I think my new love language is the random calls I get from my husband during the day involving roadside hilarity that only a we would appreciate. Too funny, Hubby.

On another note (Sophie you are gonna get me for this when you are a teen, but..):

Does anyone see any resemblance between Mater and this pix of Sophie?
Not the most flattering (Sorry Sophes), but Brian and I laughed OUT LOUD (literally) when we saw it. Can't you just picture her saying "I used-ta could?"

1 comment:

evs said...

Our neighbor at the end of our street has a pretty old white truck in his driveway, and as we were walking by, Sam said, "THAT'S not a Mater Truck. Nope. Mater has a hook." Weird! The hook is how they identify him! I thought he wouldn't be a Mater because he wasn't brown, and didn't have Sophie teeth, but I was wrong! Do you think Chase and Sam have conversations about this?