Friday, April 05, 2013

my alter ego


 



So sometimes when I get bored of my normal curly hair I decide to bring out the alter ego. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE MY CURLY HAIR and I wouldn't trade it for anything. All of those comments "People with curly hair always wish their hair was straight"... NOPE. Doesn't apply. Curly hair is way easier and less maintenance which is good considering I don't do high maintenance. But occasionally when I want something different for a day, I like to pretend I'm someone different and try out the lifestyle of a straight-hair person. Usually 35-45 min into straightening it, I remember why I rarely ever do this. But... I must stay it's kinda cool to put my hands through it. I feel like a different person. You can actually see that my cut has shape to it when it's straight, whereas curly hair almost always looks the same. 

Anyways, I've always wanted to take a pix of me next to my sis when our hair is straight. In fact, when I ask Sophie and Chase how I look after straightening it, they both say "like Aunty Nu-Nu." And when I wake Sophie up the next morning (and ehmm haven't washed my hair- because WHO is gonna spend 45 min. straightening your hair for only 1 day?!), she says "still Nu-Nu."

 Can you see the resemblance when I straighten my hair?
(Do we look like half-Indian princesses? hehe)

2 comments:

Patricia said...

that's awesome! =) totally agree!

Naomi said...

I still remember you spending hours straightening your hair in college. Now if only I could get your curls without a perm. You look beautiful both ways and you definitely look like your sister.