Saturday, June 01, 2013

Blue Ridge Marathon 2013


 Sole Sistas return. We missed Brooke this year for sure! I persevered doing Leg #1 up Mill Mtn. Simonne ROCKED IT up the ridiculous Loop. Then Cristen took off on the trail run Leg#3. Erica (amidst bronchitis) and with running buddy Betsie did way more than survive Peakwood (Leg#4). She came up pretty stinkin' fast. And Sarah Rachel brought it home with a smile for Leg#5. I didn't train this year besides 2 runs so was good with my 8:41 mile pace. Without going into to detail, this was a ROUGH year for me and I was pleased with how fast I came out despite the lack of training/extremely cold morning/still finishing off a prescription that made me fuzzy. I may be 31, but my brain just refuses to accept that as an excuse not to kick some butt! Thank you Sole Sistas for encouraging, listening, and celebrating with me!
 

 

 Me & Simonne

 

 Me & Cristen - SO PROUD OF HER and how much she stuck it out.
(I promise my hair isn't that funky in real life. But the headband makes it stick up!)


Me & Nu-Nu who also did the Team Marathon running Leg#4 past her house! Cheers!

No comments: