Thursday, June 06, 2013

Sophie recap: the best of year 2!


Age 2- The year of .....

 

...ridiculously cute cheeks & pouty faces (on purpose!)

....the hungry caterpillar themed birthday (beer not included)

...the baby swing (still!) with big brother Chase twisting her

 
... Chase & Sophie sandwich (Yep, they love to wrestle.)

....the sucking of two fingers and hair twirl (classic Sophie)

...sprinkler fun
 
...funny faces



....ADORABLE shirley temple hair that bounces everywhere she goes (including daddy's shoulders)

 
...squishy face carseat photos & her first pedicure!

 
...the age where she actually asks to hold my hand 
(somehow I don't think this age exists for little boys)
 
....the year of a beautiful friendship with her big bro 
(Let the "hugging on the stairstep" photos begin!)
  
...backyard fun
 
... her first haircut ever!
...walks in the cemetery (that didn't involve stroller) & first trick-or-treating costume! 
(She will always be my little Sophie owl)
 
...playing in the leaves

...darling red coat photos

...monkey face like Papi
....the most precious pic mommy has ever laid eyes on!
....the discovery of pockets!

....the Christmas-card worthy photo!
...the year of "drama llama" and "mad-at-mama-llama" (respectively)
Oh and don't forget Christmas outfits and new slippers!

...the year I can still usually sneak in her room and watch her nap
...the year that mommy still tries to enforce naptime 
 (sometimes no enforcing needed!)

... the sweet snuggles with daddy & dazzling dressup with mommy
...twirling mommy's hair and stroking my face
...  post-bath burrito love
...family storytime where Sophie finally sits and listens (Yep 2 is different than year 1.)
...adorable dresses & creative dressup


...the Chase sandwich


  ...mommy/daughter bonding without words
....the mother/daughter matching Easter tops
...where she likes my kisses and usually pulls my face towards hers for a lipsmacker!
....the age of "I'm a big girl but I still revert back to being a baby when I want to"
....the "I don't feel like posing right now"
...did I mention the year of sass?
....the year of "I've discovered if I pick my scab, I can get a cool new bandaid every day!"
...the graduation from small baby bows to gigantic bows
 
...still innocent eyes
...sweet moments mommy never wants to rush
...simple delights like swinging on the "big kid swing" daddy made
 
...sassy looks that say "It's not my job, Grammy!"
...twinkly-eyed smiles

 
  Sweet Sophia- year two has been wonderful. We treasure your sweet caresses, your empathy towards others, you quickness to forgive, your animated expressions, your constant cheer, your desire to bless others, your twinkly smile, and your spunk and tender spirit. You keep us laughing with your songs and zumba dances! Your bouncy curls are characteristic of the energy you bring to our home. You teach us grace daily in your gentleness and selflessness. You are wise beyond your days. We pray you continue to grow in God's wisdom, just as your namesake.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

so.stinkin.cute. happy birthday, sophie! your kiddos are beautiful. you are such an awesome mom-you don't pretend to be perfect, but you strive to do what's right and to the best of your ability.

Angie said...

She is so precious, Krisha! :)