Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chase's Adventures

Chase enjoyed spending some quality time with his Aunt Catherine and his Grandma Whited!! He played at the park and explored the slide, tunnels, and swings.

Ready to explore

Hugs from Grandma Whited

Naptime!

Silly Aunt Catherine!!

Chase aspires to go as high as Catherine....one day, little man. One day.

Weeee!!

Chase loves swinging! Especially with Grandma!

Not sure about the big blue tunnel

Chase laughs hysterically when we put him in the same room with Zoe. She usually licks him right under his chin which is his ticklish spot.


Chase also went on his first boat ride! Well, I guess it counts (since he was sleeping). He was so tired at the church picnic at the lake that he fell asleep in Brian's arms once the boat motor started. Anyone with a toddler knows that is a rare event that your child will go to sleep in your arms this old. Needless to say, he was tuckered out.

A rarity! Chase is sitting in my lap while we watch the sign language video

Chase is now 16 months old and all over the place! He is toddling everywhere. His newest obsessions are: going up and down steps, opening and closing doors/cabinets, giving me things like his toys and his food (I like to think he's sharing), laughing at Zoe, and brushing his own teeth. He also laughs and smiles every time we say "amen" after blessing the food.

He still sleeps like a champ! Long nap in the morning and always sleeps through the night! We are soooo blessed that he just loves his sleep! He still enjoys being held with his blankie and sung to sleep. The minute I put that blanket on my shoulder he lays his head down on me like clockwork. It's absolutely my favorite part of mommyhood. I think God knew I needed a cuddly kid. As you can probably tell, his hair is getting lighter and curlier and his eyes are still a rich but brilliant blue. He's such a beautiful sweet lil guy. We really treasure having him in our family.

No comments: