Monday, August 03, 2009

Those Churchillian Jowls!

I admit I (Krisha) have a love-hate relationship with my english bulldog. Zoe, is so entertaining at times and also so stubborn that her will against my will feels like WWIII has broken out!! I'm not sure who is more stubborn. With Chase in the mix, sometimes it feels like I have two toddlers exerting their will against me! Her latest object of complete fear (no paranoia - those that have seen her response to trash cans, bicycles, the infamous skateboard, or anything that moves or is large know that she must have some kind of mental disorder!) is the bug-zapper out back. Yep, in our nice quaint fenced backyard. What good is a backyard if my dog is to paranoid to set food in it?

Zoe is enjoying her new quarters where she is sectioned off to the kitchen and the breakfast nook which has become a doggy-nook. I do plan to put up my Zoe art in her nook because every man or canine should adorn there home, right?


In the years BCWB (before Chase was born), Zoe was our main source of entertainment. We'd take her to parks to play with other bulldogs and have a blast! We'd create games out of seeing if we could come up with a sound that she'd never heard that would make her head turn and that person would get a point. We started running out of sounds as she got older and more familiar with things. But... yesterday, as I was watching some youtube videos (which I must admit, I go on to look up funny bulldog videos), we saw one of bulldog puppies. Here was Zoe's response:



And if that didn't make you laugh, watch this video.

Brian and I found 2 other videos on youtube- one made us laugh histerically (Chase included) and the other made us tear up! The first is a video of a "time warp" done where dogs run into a lake and a video is taken of them shaking themselves try and then it shows what it looks like in slow mo! Needless to say, the bulldog was everyone's absolute favorite!! See for yourself!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsp_Nn02yro

What did you think? Now you understand the title to the blogpost?


The second video was like a memorial video for a bully that died. It had the bully's name and then said "RIP". Brian and I kinda laughed and then started getting teary-eyed thinking that bulldogs don't live very long. Like 8-10ish years.

Here are some bulldog pop-culture facts from wikipedia (you know, in case jeopardy ever has that category, you'll be well-informed):

Bulldogs have been widely featured in popular culture. In several cases they are portrayed as bullies; children will say a bulldog looks "tough", but in fact modern bulldogs' temperament is very social and lovable.

If you read nothing else in this post, by all means, view the youtube video!! It's hysterical!!! You'll see jowls in a way you've never seen them before!

1 comment:

The Walters Crew said...

I actually saw that episode of Time Warp when it aired...good stuff!

When I watched your first video, both my dogs cocked their heads just like Zoe as they heard the puppies :)