Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nostalgic Month of Reunions

August was the month of reunions for me!! I got to hang out with 2 of my best friends from high school: Emily and Jess (a.k.a Baratta) and see how much Jess's lil guy has grown!
Aren't my friends beautiful?! Emily & I have been best friends since Preschool!!!! There's a funny story about me not telling her my name and I thought her name was Emmy Lee. Emily was truly my BFF from day one. We did sports together, played in the snow together, sat at lunch together, were at every birthday of each others- you name it! We seriously had SO MUCH FUN together!! She had like a bizillion pets in her house and I always have fun memories there!
And then Jess I met in high school when she transferred to Byrd and she actually remembered seeing me years before I met her. And Jess was the one who pretty much modeled Christ to me and would invite me to church. Her humble witness is one of the ways God's hand was in my life long before I knew Him or understood His goodness. These two ladies have blessed me so much. And they continue to do so! I wish we could have had our other friend, Katie, from high school join us. We all ran cross country together and had a blast. In fact, Em & Jess both ran with me on the team when we qualified for State!! We had such good memories together- running on the horse trails, going to get shakes at Sonic, dressing up as the Beatles and don't forget Jackson Five. Football games, sleepovers, school dances where Jess and Emily's dates found plaid suits from the 70's. Oh the laughs! Em & Jess even made me & Katie a video upon graduating from high school with soo many funny moments caught on video. Love, love LOVE these girls!

I also got to see one of my Indian cousins, Sumit, who practically grew up with us since he came to the states and went to Virginia Tech when I was in grade school along with his brother Mohit. Sumit and Mohit were like brothers to my sister and me because they crashed at our house on the weekends. They did the normal brotherly things: throw us around, wrestle, tickle us until we almost peed in our pants, and I have many a memory of curling up in their laps.

Hanging with cousin Sumit on our porch


The other "reunion" so to speak was at Corolla. We reunited with the Whited family and Sophie got to meet Grandpa Whited, Aunty Cat, Great Aunt Sharon, & Great Uncle Chip. And Chase was reunited with the dogs which he loved! More pix of that to come!


Cute of one of Miss Sophie smiling at me in her bath tub!


Upon returning from the beach, Chase was reunited with his cousin Asher, whom he LOVES!!!! They make each other laugh so much and Chase is constantly talking about Asher. Such a sweet friendship they have!


No comments: