Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sophie at 8 weeks


(love when babies stretch!!)


Sophie at week 5
(I know, I'm a little late on these!)

Sophie is now eight weeks old and is doing great! We initially had some difficulty with reflux and I still have to wrestle a little bit while she nurses, but other than that, she is doing really well. At 6 wks she finally took a paci. She has been sleeping through the night (almost every night if I can keep her up til 10:45 or 11:00) and is starting to coo and smile. However she is a night owl like her mama and will stay up with me until then. Her hair is getting longer especially on top so that you can tell it is starting to form spirals. I think we're gonna have a curly girl!! (biased I know)


This isn't a very good shot, but her hair is definitely starting to curl on top.



Here she is at 6 wks all swaddled. She tends to wake herself up if I don't swaddle her though I can't say she enjoys the process of being swaddled. But once her arms are tucked and I can get the paci in, she's usually down for the count!



She is also starting to notice her big brother. She's been holding her head up for a while (probably since about 2 or 3 weeks). She definitely likes to stand and will lock her knees and hold her head up so that she is practically standing. She does this all this time, even when she is in her swing so that the swing stops swinging and she is standing upright in it! It's actually quite funny! It doesn't seem to matter that we strap her in. She's gonna be one of those kids on the roller coaster rides that the operator yells "Stop standing! And keep your arms in the vehicle!" I think she already has a little bit of her mama's fiesty nature in her. :)


Here eyes are turning blue-ish and less and less grey-blue each day. I think her hair is somewhat lighter as well than when she was born. Perhaps she will be like Chase who went from a dark brown to a golden brown. I selfishly hope that she keeps her dark hair. With Brian's almost black hair and my dark brown hair, I never thought our kids would have lighter hair. We'll see, I guess.

Many people have commented how much she looks like Chase. I can't see it now, although they definitely look similar when comparing their infant pictures. I'm hopeful she won't have my ears or nose... so far, so good! She is still long and lean! Her face is full, but don't let that fool you! She is definitely a skinny baby! Maybe I'll have to find the picture my mom found of me at Sophie's age. We definitely looked similar!
At 7 weeks

I'm definitely enjoying doting on this little dollbaby. She likes being held but won't lay on my chest as most newbies enjoy sleeping b/c she just wants to stand upright. I sometimes just sit and adore her cuteness. She has been an easy baby for the most part except when I try to burp her b/c of her reflux. But I just love sitting and watching her sleep. I tried to remember back when I had Chase if I was that enamoured with him and I think b/c our life was such chaos at the time, it was a bit more survival mode than enjoyment mode. We praise God that we can enjoy her without the stress of moving, joblessness, His calling on our life, etc. Brian thought it may partly be b/c she's a girl.... I sure love my Chase buddy... but I confess it is sweet to have a little girl.


No comments: