Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mommy at play

So I've been wanting to do more paper collage art for our playroom since I had the supplies and it's relatively easy. You might remember my birdy themed tree that is up in the play room. (Must clarify that daddy bird does not have a mustache (ehhm Kim!), but rather a worm since he provides for our family.)

I spend most of my day in our playroom with the kiddos, so it's always nice to have something inspiring in there. I also thought it would be nice to make a piece that Chase would like as he's finally at the age where he's recognizing things and commenting on them. So I did a transportation themed piece with cars, trucks, planes, tractor, and even a choo-choo train! Yep... can't say train anymore without saying choo-choo first. I'm really 29, I promise!



So when I asked Chase what each of them were (b/c he knows what they are when he sees the toy or the picture), I told hubby I might cry uncontrollably (NOT!) if he didn't recognize my attempt to do bubbly retro-looking transportation. He got the cars (still "car-na"); he said "bus" for the truck; and he said "train" for the tractor (probably b/c it is towing a wagon which has more wheels and anything with several wheels he thinks is a train). And the train he just looked at me funny like "that's not a train mom!"
(Mommy crying on the inside. Just kidding. No crying. Okay maybe a little. )

1 comment:

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

oh, krisha, i love it! super job!!