Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Little Sophie Owl

Before Sophia was born, I was looking and looking for nursery decor and trying to find something that would fit this precious baby who I hadn't met yet but had felt jiggle around inside of me for 9+ months. I naturally thought of birds since she was my little chickadee. Since then I have refined my thinking both based on her name and her appearance. She is still my little birdie, but more specifically, she is my little owl. There are many ways Sophie resembles an owl. She is (for better or worse) very nocturnal and stays up into the wee hours and still insists on feeding in the middle of the night. Sophia means wisdom and everyone's heard of the wise old owl! She is a people watcher and likes to gaze from her various perches (be it crib, johnny jumper, high chair, or exersaucer) at people. Not just to watch them but to have her very large, bright eyes meet theirs. Even as a tiny baby she was this way. And now take a look at these pictures where I think she looks like a baby owl with her soft rounded face and large, twinkly, uninhibited eyes.





4 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Oh my word this is so perfect! I love that you thought of that! My mom said she got to come over and chase chase today:) Too bad Ellen and I couldn't come play too! hope you are doing well!

Naomi said...

She's so cute. And this made me smile.

The Sinks said...

hehe, I LOVE it!

Gretchen said...

This is hilarious! She's such a cute owl.