Thursday, February 24, 2011

Toddler talk

So Chase likes to help me feed Zoe and give her treats. I showed him how to tell her "off," or rather scream it b/c she's practically deaf. So Zoe waited and then when Chase told her to "take" she grabbed it from his hand and started chomping.

Chase: "Mommy, she don't yike it." (pointing out how Zoe's treat is falling out of her mouth all over the floor.)
Me: "No, sweetie. She's just a messy eater."
Chase: "But she don't yike it!"
Me: "No, she likes it, she's just messy."
Chase: (pauses to think) "Yup, she's messy."
________________

Brian: "Who created you"
Chase: "God created me."
Brian: "What else did God create?"
Chase: "Evvy-ting"
Brian: "Why did God create you and everything?"
Chase: "For His Glor-wee!"
Brian: "Chase, how many Persons are there in the Godhead?"
Chase: "Treeeee!"
Brian: "And who are they?"
Chase: "Da Faw-der, da Son, and da Ho-wee Ghost!"
__________________
Chase: "I wanna see Kathryn Jackson" (he says them as if they are one person, b/c they do come as a package)
Me: "Honey, I don't think they are gonna be there."
Chase: "Jackson not gonna be there. He's at work."
_________________
And the latest sayings:
"Maybe yater" (maybe later, which is his response to everything I ask him to wait on)
"I want see Soap-ee crawl" (meaning he wants me to let Sophie crawl in the floor)
"Thank you!" (one I never get tired of hearing even if he misuses it like when I ask him to do something and he does it for me and then tells me "thank you!")
"Ay welcome" (a.k.a. "you're welcome")
"Hey guys, whatcha doin'?" (When he comes in a room)
"Brian!!!!" (yelling at daddy from the top of the staircase, followed by Brian saying "Um, I'm dad. Not Brian, buddy."
"...And then I can get a treat?"
"with a happy heart!" (used when we ask Chase to obey all the way, right away, with a happy heart.)
"She's cyute" (mostly in reference to Sophie or Miss Val)
"Daddy, I want pancakes!"

1 comment:

The Sinks said...

Aww Chase, KathrynJackson want to see you too! If we can stay healthy, we'll hang out, ok?