Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bad worship services...Is there such a thing?

It sounds sinful to say yes, but if honest, I think most people would say that they experienced a few bad worship service in their life.

A worship leader is given a certain amount of responsibility and has an obligation to come prepared to lead. I have sat in services, where the drummer wasn't on beat with the guitar player, who wasn't on beat with the vocalists and the result was a very distracting ordeal that made worship to God very difficult. There is a certain amount of excellence that should be given to leading worship. And in the above case, the excellence was not there. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that God calls certain people to certain positions in the church. Those who have been given the God given gifts, should use them to the glory of God and the edification of the saints.

As mentioned the leader has an obligation to lead well. At the same time, those worshiping have an obligation to do so unto God. I have also been in worship services where I, myself, was the biggest hindrance to worshiping God.

No comments: