Monday, June 26, 2006

This is my entrance into the world of blogging. It was motivated by an assignment for a worship class at seminary. My goal for the next 30 days is to keep a log about worship topics such as personal devotion, corporate worship, and a definition of worship. And who knows, after I finish the class, I may continue to publish thoughts and updates concerning the whole of my life. To anyone who reads this, whether it be friend, family, or an anonymous user, feel free to comment.

With the upfront details out of the way, I will now embark with my first post. During the first few hours of class, I was asked to form a definition of worship. I came up with the following,

"The deepest form of expression a creature can make to the Triune God. This expression, which demonstrates the creature’s utmost love and devotion, can take on a variety of forms including, but not limited to prayer, song, meditation, action, evangelism, reading of Scripture, and sacrifice."

Upon completion of the worship course, I plan on posting any changes my definition might undergo.

No comments: