Saturday, October 18, 2008

1/4 Indian

When I was a kid, my sister and I would go the Roanoke Indian Association functions with my parents and we always dressed up. Here is a photo of me as a kid in my cute little outfit that showed my belly. I always enjoyed the culture and the dances(the "stick dance" in particular) and the food of course.

So, you may never know looking at me, much less looking at my son, Chase, but he really is 1/4 Indian (the dot, not the feather). My aunt Sabita who Brian and I visited in Mumbai last December gave us this precious outfit for Chase to wear. At the time I received the gift, I was still expecting and so it gave me something to look forward to. It's actually for a 12 month old, but I was anxious to try it on because he's growing so fast.
I think someone wants some mango kulfi!


He's so handsome in his kurta
!

I love this one with his elephant!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

What a handsome Indian! He just gets cuter and cuter :)