Monday, July 24, 2006

Assembly of God

I attended an Assembly of God church yesterday for an assignment in my worship class. It was definently a unique experience. The preaching wasn't that bad (a topical sermon on fasting) and the preacher definently had passion, such as five minute long periods where his voice was so loud I thought I needed earplugs. The music was okay. No deep theology, but worship doesn't always need to have that. The strangest moment was the tongues at the end. It was my second time experiencing that and I still can't relate to it. Overall, it was hard for me to engage in worship. Maybe it was my own preconceived notions and disbelief in this genre of Christianity, but I felt more worshipful in the Spanish service I went to a few weeks ago, even though I was not able to understand much of the language.

No comments: