Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My wife made a wonderful comment on the way to work that I wanted to share. We are both working at Wycliffe Bible Translators (she is full time, I'm there for the summer). To bring the story into context, you need to know that some of the employees working at Wycliffe headquarters previously worked out in the jungle translating Scripture. She observed that the jobs these former missionaries have back in the US are often less glorious than their previous status as leaders who brought the Word of God to a culture that had never had it. She was amazed at their humility. Had these people stayed in the US, more opportunities for jobs would likely have come along, more praise and acknowledgement from peers would have come. I appreciated my wife sharing her insight with me and am also thankful to the missionaries that live humble lives for the glory of God...setting an example to younger Christians like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»