Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baby Whited's Nursery!

I am SO excited to post some pix of baby girl's nursery. It was a stressful process b/c it involved moving Chase's big boy bed into his room and then all of his nursery furniture into her room. Thankfully we had already painted that room (early on in my pregnancy) a neutral taupe color, so it didn't matter what other colors we added to it. I'm SUCH a color/pattern person!! Just seeing a bright modern pattern that uses bold hues makes me cheery.

My friend Kim (check out her site: http://www.thirtyoneeighteen.com/) did an amazing job making the valances and crib bumper. I would highly recommend her work! She did a custom order for me, meaning she let me pick out the fabric and design which was fun b/c it allowed me to pull in colors that you wouldn't normally find in girl's nursery bedding. Needless to say, I picked some pretty bold colors rather than pastels. I actually integrated Chase's crib bedding b/c his colors were pretty gender-neutral and why not reuse whatever you can? You might recognize the crib skirt, crib sheet and the changing pad cover- they were all part of Chase's Dwell Studio's Circles series from Target: http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Bedding-Collection-Circles/dp/B000VP9JGA
I may still cover some canvases with leftover fabric to put over the crib.



Check out this cute retro birdy fabric!

I also found this cute blanket to cover the mauve chair that is in the nursery.

Here is a glimpse of what I'm gonna hang for a mobile. Kim sewed the birdies using some magenta and turquoise felt accented by the bumper fabric for the wings. I'm gonna use a wreath to suspend the birdies b/c it resembles a bird's nest...plus it was $1 at the dollar store. :)

Here is a picture of the changing table with the artpiece my friend Val made. It quotes Scripture, particularly a verse that has the root word of baby girl's name.
Love it!

I recently finished this art piece after much thought of what would be perfect for this space. Drumroll please....... and her name will be....
Sophia- Greek for "wisdom"
Elizabeth- Greek for "consecrated to God", "God's promise," "oath of God," or "I am God´s daughter." Plus, Elizabeth is the middle name of both my maternal grandmother and Brian's youngest sister, Catherine. There is a cute story in which Brian as a kid got to give suggestions for middle names for his little sister and he really liked "Elizabeth." I already think of our baby as Sophie and we've been calling her that!

And I found this lamp at Target which was perfect. Notice the fun polka dot bin. My design-savvy friend Theresa actually gave me a gift in this and it goes perfectly!


Feeling better now that Sophie's drawers are filled with her own clothes and her crib awaits her!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love it! It is all so beautiful and perfect. I also LOVE her name. What a beautiful Godly name! Sierra has a little friend named Sophia and I just love that name! :) Praying that you are feeling well and enjoying the end of this pregnancy as much as you can! Blessings and Love! :)

PS - Great job to Kim as well...you both are so talented!!!

Tabitha said...

Hooray! It all looks beautiful and SO FUN to know Sophie's name! Can't wait to meet her! Jude just walked by and saw the pictures of your art work and said "Cute, Mommy, cute!"