Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Whited family vacation!

Brian, Chase and I had the pleasure of spending the week at Myrtle Beach in a condo that was paid for by my sister and bro-in-law! This overdue "anniversary getaway"/"babymoon"/"vacation we haven't really taken since Chase was born" was thoroughly enjoyed.

We didn't have a schedule. We just slept when we wanted. Went on the beach when we wanted (ok, well I guess that we did take mandatory breaks when Chase has his long nap, but hubby and I traded off giving each other time alone so that the mid-day siesta wouldn't restrain both of us); we did some shopping, we ate all our meals together with no interruptions, we played in the sand and the pool, we walked along the beach, we watched our favorite TV shows. We just simply enjoyed each other. No job stress, no late nights of Brian doing his computer entries, no hustle and bustle. I probably got more sound sleep there than my whole pregnancy! (I still woke up 7:30ish, but waking up to the beach and a good book sure feels different than waking up that early at home where all my chores, baby, and doggy await me.)


I have to say my favorite beach moments were:

-Seeing Brian and Chase play in the pool and the sand together
-Throwing frisbee with hubby and having him tell me that my "flick" was actually pretty good
-The time either early in the a.m. (when the boys were still in bed) or in the afternoon by myself reading my Bible, journaling, or my latest book
-Eating mango pie with fresh strawberries for breakfast!
-Seeing Brian fall asleep on the bed with Chase (so sweet!)


best seat in the house

Belly shot at 34.5 wks

Chase & Mommy

Chase practicing to be an airplane

my boys

B skippin' some shells

Chase doing what he does best


sunrise shot

over the rainbow

3 comments:

Naomi said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love all your pictures. Especially the one of Brian throwing chase up in the air.

Briana said...

great pictures! I love the "Chase and Mommy" shot and then the following airplane shot too.

Beth Simmons said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I love all the pictures!